K-12 Civic Literacy
Building experience and knowledge for
college, career and civic life
GenerationNation’s educational tools and programs offer students in kindergarten through high school a wide range of opportunities to learn about government, citizenship, leadership and more.
Classroom activities introduce K-8 students to civic learning through social studies, math and language arts and further strengthen civic knowledge and skills in high school World History, Civics & Economics, US History and other courses. The resources are tied to curriculum standards, and support 21st century learning including – but not limited to – civic literacy. Hands-on activities enable students to experience civics and leadership in action – which evidence shows is the best way to learn.
Civic literacy resources are standards-based, easily used, smart, fun and engaging
- Useful tools that connect real-life experiences and current events with the classroom education to increase student interest and comprehension
- Interdisciplinary, integrating the study of government, citizenship and leadership into different contexts
- Tied to curriculum standards
- Easy to use, flexible and adaptable, plug into existing lesson plans, fit time requirements and curriculum goals
- Relevant, usable and regularly updated throughout the year
- Non-partisan and non-political