WILL YOU HELP US GIVE STUDENTS THE ADVANTAGE OF K-12 CIVIC EDUCATION?
How can you help? One way is to volunteer your time and talents to support GenerationNation, a nonprofit organization that connects classroom civic education with community civic experiences to help students in school, build civic literacy and develop young people as effective citizens and leaders.
Let us know what interests you. We frequently need volunteers to help the organization, in the office or on specific projects such as communications and outreach, technology, education or program support. Some projects can be done offsite, by computer or phone. Volunteer commitment varies – we will work with you to create a great opportunity. Students earning community service hours are welcome - this is a great way to learn! Needs include:
- Civics champions - professionals in government and business work with GenerationNation to advise our programs, help us make connections, and work with us to help students understand government and civic life
- Student leaders mentors - government, civic and business leaders mentor emerging student leaders
- Office support – preparing mailings, making calls, special projects
- Communications team – helping with communications and outreach projects
- Technology – helping with the website and incorporating technology into our civics education programs
- Fund development – helping us to develop support for our mission and goals
- Education – helping with education programs including teacher outreach, aligning curriculum to state and district goals, writing classroom activities and learning opportunities
- Youth programs – helping with our youth programs that connect students with government and government officials
- Kids Voting Election (October and November, 10-25 hours) - Each year, we provide K-12 students with opportunities to cast ballots in local, state and national elections. We are seeking people who will serve as Precinct Captains. This is a great way to learn about elections!
Contact us to learn more and volunteer