On June 30, we end a successful 2011-12 school year and our fiscal year.
Many thanks to all who make GenerationNation possible!
- STUDENTS - who are working hard to learn, succeed and lead in their schools and community (and one day, the nation!)
- PARENTS - who involve their children in hands-on civic learning experiences
- TEACHERS - who help students learn how their governments and communities work, and how citizens and leaders work together to make a difference
- VOLUNTEERS - who make our programs and operations work so well
- PARTNERS - who help us to build capacity, achieve goals and reach diverse audiences
- PUBLIC OFFICIALS AND BUSINESS LEADERS - who lend their time and interest to educate and engage the next generation of civic leaders
- MEDIA - who help to instruct students on current events, media literacy and the First Amendment, and who help to share our news
- DONORS - who invest needed financial resources
Your support makes ALL the difference!
With your help in 2011-12, GenerationNation:
- Made the important commitment to change the organization's name to better reflect the scope of our work and vision for Charlotte's K-12 students
- Championed K-12 civic education in the Charlotte area
- Gave dozens of teen leaders a voice in solving community issues through Youth Voice Leadership Alliance
- Co-hosted the Kids Convention, a fun educational event for hundreds of kids and families (view photos)
- Partnered with CMS, independent, charter, religious and home schools to increase civic literacy curriculum and resources for 100,000 students in 5,000 classrooms
- Engaged over 40,000 students in Kids Voting mock elections and service learning. (In the 2011 local election, the student turnout % was higher than the adults!)
- Provided 1,500 contact hours of hands-on experiential learning for teens about local government, law and media through Youth Civics
- and more!
What's next? There's still work to be done! 2012-13 brings a once in a lifetime civic learning opportunity for Charlotte's K-12 students. And, it doesn't stop with the convention and election. As Charlotte's K-12 civic education champion for the last 20 years, GenerationNation will continue the legacy of civic literacy, leadership and engagement into the future.
If you haven't already, we invite you to make a financial investment in the mission of GenerationNation. Please donate now to continue to impact Charlotte's K-12 students in 2012-13.